59.2% separated waste collection
In 2016, Iren Group managed 1,813,320 tonnes of waste, 408,062 tonnes of which were special waste, 683,969 tonnes of non-separated urban waste and 721,288 tonnes of separated waste collection.
The results achieved highlight a continuous increase in separated waste collection. The average on the area served is 59.2%, against a national figure for separated waste collection of 47.5%, in particular:
- in the province of Parma the results on the Municipalities served went from 73.5% in 2015 to 76.2% in 2016;
- in the province of Piacenza the figure rose from 58.0% in 2015 to 63.1% in 2016;
- in the province of Reggio Emilia the figure went from 65.8% in 2015 to 66.9% in 2016;
- Turin stood at 42.9% of separated waste collection in 2016 compared to 42.8% in 2015;
- Vercelli reached 66.2% of separated waste collection in 2016.
In line with the directives of the sector and the provincial programs, Iren Group is committed to achieving a further increase in separated waste collection, introducing new home collection services and aiming at an even greater promotion of environmental awareness among citizens and, specifically, young people through a wide array of educational initiatives.